Wednesday, April 10, 2013

James McAvoy is Macbeth

One of my personal favorites, the ultimate Scot James McAvoy takes a short break from filming to play a physically and psychically demanding role of King Macbeth in Shakespearean play in London's Trafalgar Studios. I might see the very last performance of it on April 27th, but I wouldn't really count on getting the ticket. We'll see. From what I hear though, it's supposed to be a very gory version, passionate and cruel.
Rumour (and The Guardian) has it, that McAvoy is under constant stress because of it, and he also couldn't stand a member of the audience filming him on his mobile phone. He halted the performance, yelled at the guy to stop immediately and then went on with his lines. I don't blame him. Not at all.
I know how great McAvoy actually is on stage, a couple years back I saw him in "Three Days of Rain", which was absolutely brilliant.
Besides, McAvoy has also another story to tell with his Macbeth, as he played Joe Macbeth in a television mini-series which retold the story of the classical drama. So, going to the same river again, must have loved it  the first time.
Anyway, "Macbeth" in Trafalgar Studios in London, for a limited season from February 9th till April 27th, 2013.
More details here.







No comments:

Post a Comment