Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bakery: Bounty Cake

This was a very special birthday cake for a dear friend. It was supposed to be just like in the recipe, but I thought it might be too sweet for the occassion, so I modified it a little. The recipe in Polish you have here and the same, in English, here (it's Nigella's!). The modification is this: I just used whipped cream. Simply, to me, the cream proposed in the recipe was a little too difficult to make, it required raw egg whites which I didn't necessarily find particularly tasty. I guess I was right there. But, without the pineapple-coconut cream on top it isn't really a "bounty" cake. Of the pineapple-coconut cream proposed I only made like 1/3, and put it on top of the first layer so that the whole cake wasn't too dry. The result was nevertheless gorgeous.

Two of such chocolate layers will be needed 





No comments:

Post a Comment